How to Buy
Bidding has never been easier
Here are your options:
You can bid live during the auction through our website (a 1% surcharge applies), or through the-saleroom.com, invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com (where a 5% surcharge applies).
Alternatively, you can leave an absentee bid through our online catalogue or by contacting us direct. This will be executed on your behalf by the auctioneer who will purchase the lot as cheaply as possible bearing in mind any reserve price and other bids.
Book a telephone bid and we will call you during the auction to ask whether you wish to bid on the lot.
- All lots are subject to a 25% buyer’s premium on the hammer price, plus VAT on this charge. Live bidding through our website attracts an additional fee of 1%.
- Other auction websites may charge additional fees for bidding.
- You may be asked to provide two forms of identification, even if you have bid with us before, in compliance with Money Laundering Regulations.
- Payment for all lots purchased including all associated fees, charges and taxes, is due no later than 5 calendar days after the auction.
- Payment can be made only by the registered bidder.
- Payment instructions can be found the relevant invoice or invoices.
- Lots cannot be collected and removed until the invoice for these lots has been paid.
- All auction purchases must be collected within 14 days of the auction or may be subject to off-site storage charges. Lots may be removed to off-site storage and will then need to be collected from there.
See our TERMS & CONDITIONS for buyers for further information.